Baked Apricot Chicken
- 1 Chicken – quartered
- ¼ cup Herbs de Provence EVOO
- 2T Apricot Balsamic or to taste
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced or to taste
- 1 small onion quartered and separated
- 8-10 in dried apricots cut half (use fresh apricots if season, pitted and quartered)
- 1 cup of chicken stock divided
- 2T Apricot Preserves
- T ½ corn starch
- Preheat oven 350*
- Wash and pat dry Chicken
- In a small bowl, using your immersion blender (or whisk,) blend together the Herbs de Provence EVOO and the Apricot Balsamic until creamy.
- Taste the dressing and add more balsamic if desired.
- Fold in the garlic to taste season with salt and pepper.
- Using a shallow baking dish, pour in chicken stock then place chicken skin side up in pan and brush with the Apricot/EVOO dressing.
- Add the onions and the apricots
- Place in oven and bake until internal temperature reads 165* on instant read thermometer. (30-40 minutes)
- Remove chicken transfer drippings to sauté pan bring to a simmer. Whisk cornstarch into
- remaining ½ cup of chicken stock.
- Whisk into drippings and simmer until thickened, add apricot preserves continue whisking until dissolved.
- Add more liquid if needed.
- Pour over Chicken