- 6 medium firm-ripe tomatoes
- 2 Tbs. Salado Olive Oil Co’s EVOO, more for drizzling
- 1 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1 baguette, halved crosswise and then lengthwise
- Position an oven rack 6 inches from the broiling element and heat the broiler on high.
- Cut the tomatoes in half crosswise; remove and discard the seeds. Grate the cut sides of the tomatoes on the large holes of a box grater. Discard the remaining skins. In a fine sieve, gently press on the tomato pulp with a spoon to remove excess liquid. Transfer the tomato pulp to a bowl and stir in the olive oil and salt.
- Broil the baguette pieces, cut side up, until golden. Spread the tomato pulp over the bread, drizzle with a little more oil, and serve.